05 January 2009

First Army Day

Today was our first full Army day. Let the madness begin. I set off for the office this morning at a brisk 4am. It rained so hard that all three of my bags got we in the back. I stopped and tarped everything but it was too late. It was flooding for sure. The ditches were over-flowing and red mud was running across the roads. After the 2-hour trek to the office I was there until about 830 and I left for another 2 hour trek to post. I got half way and got a call saying the person I was supposed to meet was 3 hours behind me. I killed a few hours at wal-mart and riding around, finding my way to the areas that I know I'm going to be for the next little while. I got a call on about that third hour that both vehicles where broken down. Mechanics left here to meet the vehicles and get them fixed. They fixed them and they headed this way again. They finally got here around 1430. We had our little ten minute meeting and then it was time to draw gear for the ranges. It took forever for some reason. We also had some room issues that required several trips around post. What a nightmare day. I'm optimistic about tomorrow for sure. Physical training will hit hard I'm sure. I haven't been a diligent lately.

No comments: