31 January 2009

Nomadic Lifestyle Continues

I've been living out of a bag for the past 6 months or so. The challenges are more numerous and personal than I could ever imagine. Especially when my family is harassed while I'm away. I constantly find myself wondering if I'm doing the right thing. Shortly after that I do what we call, "Getting my mind right." I think about September 11th and the innocent Fathers, Mothers, Brothers, and Sisters that were slain by a delusional enemy that hide cowardly among their own women and children. I also think about my little girl and how many children just like her are now missing a parent or were slain themselves. The same ethic that would make me run a thousand miles to make 1 day easier for my family makes me ruck-up, stay-up, live hard, deal with the pain, and kiss Vanessa and Ellie good-bye over and over again. The later is the hardest.

I'm lucky that I have faith in God, a wonderful family, and the best friends anyone could ask for to support Vanessa and Ellie while I'm away. It truly makes me more effective.

No comments: